Washing your hair with conventional shampoos that contain a lot of chemicals will strip away a large amount of your hair’s natural oils, which can make your hair dry, frizzy and weaker. When it realizes that the hair is dry, the natural oil glands in the hair automatically secrete more to make up for the lost oil leading to the oily condition of the hair. And when your hair is greasy you wash your hair more often and repeat endlessly. That’s when the No Poo method (No shampoo) was born to help clean the hair while maintaining the health of the hair.
The no poo method without shampoo and what you need to know
The most important thing when applying the No Poo method is “to be very patient”. Your hair will not become beautiful after just a few times. The fact that hair becomes terribly dry or oily is something most people have to deal with. But you do not need to worry too much because these phenomena will gradually disappear when you persist for about 6 weeks.
Benefits of skipping shampoo include:
- Healthier hair and scalp, creating a balanced amount of oil
- Hair is more voluminous and requires less styling products
- Less exposure to chemicals that can irritate the scalp
- Limit plastic waste Get out of the never-ending cycle of cleansing that leads to dry hair then moisturize and rinse again
Testing No Poo has now gradually become a new trend. This method is virtually risk-free and can be used by anyone. However, there are a few things you should consider:
- Skipping shampoo can be more difficult if you have thin or split ends as your hair will become greasy faster.
- Before completely eliminating shampoo, you can try slowly extending the time between washes for a few weeks to let your hair get used to it.
- Those with frizzy and dry hair will be extremely suitable for this method because the natural oils will be retained, making your hair smoother and more manageable.
In addition, you also need to “listen” to your hair. The method is the same, but for each person, the application may be different. You should try to experiment gradually to draw out what is suitable for your hair, what should be avoided.
- At least 2 weeks before applying No Poo, wash your hair only with shampoo to help remove the silicone coating on the hair, helping the No Poo effect to happen faster.
- Do not abuse hot dryer, curling hair, straightening hair often or dyeing continuously
- Invest in a shower filter for the best quality of water
There are different ways to wash your hair when applying No Poo. The most common is to use a mixture of baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Gently massage the baking soda into your scalp to absorb excess oil, then rinse with apple cider vinegar to add shine to your hair. You can add a few drops of essential oil while your hair is still damp and massage it in to get rid of the vinegar smell.
However, if your hair is split ends, hard, dry, you should only apply it every other day or 2 days, absolutely avoid using baking soda to clean your hair daily. Because baking soda cleans the hair by opening the hair cuticles, it makes it easier to dry and damage hair. You should check your hair regularly to adjust the baking soda dosage accordingly.
You can use warm and clean water to wash your hair. However, your scalp will take a while to adjust to the amount of oil secreted accordingly, so the first time you wash your hair, it will be more oily. After a period of time, when the scalp has balanced the amount of oil secreted, you will have a satisfactory soft hair. However, this method has the disadvantage that the hair is difficult to clean completely and is only suitable for normal scalp, neither too oily nor too dry.
- Comb your hair to detangle before shampooing to minimize tangles and breakage during washing
- Wet your hair with warm water (the water is neither too hot nor too cold)
- Flush water directly down, combine gentle massage to clean hair and scalp
- Rinse your hair with cold water and use a soft towel to absorb the amount of water on your hair
- Let hair dry naturally
The No Poo method with locust will give you smooth, clean scalp hair. In locust contains a large amount of substances called saponins that help prevent bacterial infections, fight inflammation and help improve scalp fungus . At the same time, it works to reduce itching, prevent dandruff and effectively reduce hair loss .
- Put 2-3 locusts broken into small pieces in a pot of water and bring to a boil
- Squeeze more lemon juice for a natural aroma and reduce the fishy smell of locusts
- Use a filter bag to remove residue and locust shells
- Use filtered locust water on the hair shampoo
- Rinse with clean water
Coconut oil contains two substances capric acid and lauric acid, these two substances have very good antifungal and antibacterial effects, helping to prevent dandruff and limit hair loss. There is also vitamin E to help fight aging for the scalp. Besides, coconut oil also has the effect of moisturizing the hair, making the hair soft and shiny. However, you should note that if you apply this method, the hair is difficult to wash and easy to be greasy and heavy.
You can click on the image below to owning our products
Connect us at:
Homepage: SWAGTSHIRT Store